Applicants must submit the online application and all required admission materials no later than the stated deadlines to be considered for admission. Please note that some programs only accept students in the fall term.
January 10: PhD program (deadline)
February 1: Masters applicants (priority deadline)
May 1: Masters applicants (international)
August 1: Masters and Certificate applicants (non-international)
August 25: Special Student applicants (non-international only)
October 1: Masters applicants (international)
December 1: Masters and Certificate applicants (non-international)
December 15: Special Student applicants (non-international only)
All required application materials must be uploaded and/or received by the stated deadlines in order for the application to be considered.
Certificate applicants only need to provide items 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 and one letter of recommendation. Please note that CSSH certificate programs do not meet compliance eligibility requirements for F-1 and J-1 visa classifications.
Special Student applicants only need to provide items 1-4.
1. Application – ApplyNow
2. Application fee – US $75.00
3. Personal Statement
4. Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended *
Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to the ApplyYourself system as part of the application. If admitted, students will have 30 days after classes start to provide an official copy of all degree-bearing transcripts. If official transcripts are uploaded into ApplyYourself, these may be deemed sufficient.
5. Three Letters of Recommendation for all degree programs submitted online via ApplyYourself.
6. GRE General Scores (ETS institution code is 3682)
* Please note that applicants with less than 3 years of work experience are strongly encouraged to submit GRE scores.
7. Writing Sample
9. Special Questions – as noted on the Supplementary Section
10. English proficiency for all international applicants
* Send official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:
College of Social Sciences and Humanities
180 Renaissance Park
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Please note that materials submitted for admission consideration are university property and will not be returned to the applicant.