The Department of Theatre in Northeastern University’s College of Arts, Media and Design is a vibrant and close-knit community of students, theatre practitioners, and scholars who are committed to performance, production design, technology, and research. Through balancing performance, design, and dramaturgy, our program combines :
- the creative process of making plays
- the intellectual rigor of studying dramatic literature, theatre history and criticism
- the practical demands of the theatre business world
We celebrate the study of drama and the collaborative practice of theatre, exploring classical and modern plays in small studio classes and imaginative theatrical productions. Our outstanding faculty members have notable academic experience and professional credits in regional theatres, on and Off-Broadway, and throughout the world.
Unlike many other programs, we:
- encourage first–year students to perform onstage
- cultivate and mentor entrepreneurial student projects
- promote off–campus Co–ops and internship opportunities that enhance the on–campus experiential learning in the classroom and in theatre activities
- encourage interdisciplinary explorations through combined majors, double majors, half-majors, and minors
- include international study experiences through Dialogue of Civilization programs.
We welcome you to:
- learn more about our Program,
- meet our Faculty
- view a slideshow of Past Productions,
- follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- contact us with any questions
- and Apply!